Friday, May 22, 2009

Yearlings in the Canebreak - Clawhammer Video

I made a video yesterday playing my banjo. This song sounds like a trance to me. I am playing it in my living room with high ceilings and you can really how beautiful the banjo's tone is. I am around 2 months pregnant playing this. :) It took a few times for me to get it right because my daughter was making belly dancing hand gestures while I was videoing this.

This is more of that old timey style clawhammer. You can just picture some old dude sitting on the front porch at dusk playing this song.



Oh Yeah! I spotted another old banjo yesterday on the BanjoHangout that I think I may not cannot live without. It is another 100 year old beauty. It is called an S.S. Stewart. Fingers crossed that it rings like mine.

No comments: