Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baby Blanket for Jourdan

I created this baby blanket for my friend and coworker, Jourdan. I didn't realize how hard this pattern would be, but it ended up taking me 4 months of continuous work and twice as much yarn as the pattern called for. My stiches may now have been tight as the person who created the pattern. It was made with a G hook. This pattern was actually 4 pattern rows that repeated. You can see that there weren't many easy stitches in this one to keep it going fast. But, in the end, this is the most intense baby blanket I have made yet. It is very soft and has a metallic thread running through to keep it shining. Congratulations Jonny and Jourdan on your new bundle of joy - Hayden.

You can see it looks like alternating diamonds. This was a constant counting of stitches.

Here it is folder in quarters. It turned out 45x54 or something like that.

I have seen it in their baby pictures already with Hayden. That makes it all worth it. Now, I am crocheting for myself.

If anybody is interested in attacking this project, I would be happy to scan the pattern and send it to you.


Beth said...

wow! that's huge for a baby blanket. maybe that's why it took so much extra yarn.

it's beautiful though. i've never tackled one like that before. i like the fast-moving ones so i can zone out while i watch t.v. with my brain and crochet with my hands. =)

i used to make an afghan for someone every Christmas, but i haven't done that in about 5 years or so.

now that i'm home, i should really get back to it, but it's still a little bit on the back burner.

Elissa Moreland said...

Man Im glad to see you finally finished that. You worked on that for months. Whew!!! Now on to something new.