Thursday, April 05, 2012

Back at the banjo


It's been awhile since I posted.  I have made 3 videos in the past few weeks that are of clawhammer banjo playing.

If you have a minute or two and want to catch up, here you go!

This song is called Cluck Old Hen.  It's an older sounding song played clawhammer style.  Played on Deering Goodtime Openback Banjo.


Here is a clawhammer version of Cripple Creek for the bluegrass lovers.


Last but not least.  Blackberry Blossom played Clawhammer style.


I would also like to plug my favorite banjo maker, Chuck Lee. One of these days I will have one of his handcrafted banjos to play for you. :)  He is a real nice guy who lives in Ovilla, TX and makes the best darn banjos around. I have had the pleasure of talking with him and playing one of his banjos at the Acoustic Music Camp in Arlington, TX.  His son, Nate Lee, is an amazing mandolin/fiddle player.  I have heard him play there in Arlington a few years, Overton Bluegrass Festival, and CampBluegrass in Levelland, TX many moons ago.

3 comments:

michelle edwards joy said...

You are awesome!!! We used to live next door to Ovilla, TX. It is a great place to live. Miss you my friend. We need to plan a date.

Merit said...

Ha Michelle. We used to live in Waxahachie. It's a wonder you and I never met each other sooner. :)

Danny said...

You are an awesomely talented person! Very nice job!