Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Shot of Life


My brother said this when he came to visit and I made him a glass of juice. A Shot of Life. He's right. It is better than you would think.

I only made a small amount tonight and shared with my husband. Down the hatch! Mmm. I make my juices with an Omega Masticator Juicer. That is why it is so thin. Usually, I make more. We usually each get a glass with 6-8 ounces.


Ingredients: handful of spinach, 2 carrots, 1/3 cucumber, 1/3 sweet potato, small apple, handful of grapes, mandarin orange, and a shot of lemon juice.


Here is what the Omega J8005 looks like. 
I love mine. I have not only made juices, frozen banana puree, pasta, minced up veggies and pork for egg rolls, but I can also grind nuts into nut butter, coffee beans, make baby food, and juice greens including wheatgrass.

    3 comments:

    michelle edwards joy said...

    AWESOME!!! It looks yummy and I bet it tastes great.

    Cheryl Marie said...

    I would love to have a juicer! I was just wishing I had one for the pineapple I was cutting. I love pineapple juice. Doesn't it take a ton of fruit to make one glass? I suppose it is worth it though.

    Merit said...

    Carrot makes a great filler. It does take quite a bit of produce to for a glass of juice. I will have to show just how much it does take next time I make some.