Thursday, July 09, 2009

How to Unsubscribe to your friends' Junk Mail




How do you nicely ask someone to quit sending you all their junk mail? Probably no nice way to do it. That is why I just hit delete. I really am not going to forward to 10 people to save my luck. Phones will not ring and nobody is going to walk through my door. Just kidding but you know what I am talking about.

I have one friend in particular that I had been friends with for years and we moved away from each other over 7 years ago. We tried to email and phone call from time to time. In the past few years, I write an email and get nothing in return. I just get their never-ending forwards. So, I wrote her an important email when I got pregnant to catch her up. Nothing! I finally reply to one the ridiculous forwards and said, "Are you getting my emails?" Later, I received a "Yes, been real busy. Will write you tonight." Okay, if you guessed I did not get any real email, you are correct. But a few days later, I was still receiving all the junky emails. I am thinking if you have time to read this garbage and keep the flow of spam circling, then you could have written an email if you really wanted to.

So, I just hit delete and go on about my day. After a few years of frustration with this, you finally get to the point that you want to reply with the words Unsubscribe. As fitting as it would be, I will not do that. Maybe I am just hormonal and pregnant.

4 comments:

Beth said...

A little more than a year ago, i came to my end on the ridiculous magic spell emails i was getting, and wrote this big rant and sent it to everyone on my address list.
And i never send anything to EVERYONE on my address list.
If you want, i'll forward it to you so you can forward it to her.....=) heehee
I got a LOT less junk mail from everyone after that.

Elissa Moreland said...

i agree I only forward emails that are truly funny or something I find very interesting. I dont forward to all and I agree if someone writes u should def. write back...

Merit said...

More on this story: I received another forward today with attachment about some junky promotional thing. I stared at it for awhile in my inbox and then checked the box and marked it as SPAM. Hmmm! I'll just let Yahoo handle it.

Cheryl Marie said...

I don't even open them. Just highlight and delete. Sure hope I am not missing something important...nah....probably not.